Heavy Equipment Mechanic
MUST INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS IN RESUME
MUST HAVE YOUR OWN TOOLS.
FULL TIME POSITION. OVERTIME IS REQUIRED
MUST HAVE A VALID CDL!
Maintain heavy equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting equipment deficiencies; adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
* Determines equipment conditions by conducting inspections and diagnostic test; identifying worn and damaged parts.
* Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; control corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
*Corrects equipment deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, components, parts , or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emissions, brake, steering, hydraulics, completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkage, clutches, and traction units.
*Verifies equipment performance by conducting test; adjusting controls and systems.
*Complies with federal and staterequirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
*Maintains equipment appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
*Maintains daily equipment records by annotating services and repairs.
*Keeps shop equipment operating by following operations instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repair.
* Contain cost by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different request; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Tooling, supply management, mechanical inspection tools, technical understanding, attention to detail, dependability, thoroughness, verbal communication, documentation skills, inventory control, job knowledge and experience.
MUST HAVE AT LEAST 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THIS FIELD TO QUAILFY FOR THIS JOB
*MUST HAVE YOUR OWN TOOLS
MUST HAVE A VALID CDL
SHOP IS LOCATED IN PORT WENTWORTH, GEORGIA
PLEASE INCLUDE PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS IN RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT.