Heavy Equipment Operator
- Responsible for control and operation of one or more types of heavy equipment.
- Operates equipment to desired specifications based on usage
- Manipulates hand or foot levers to control movements of equipment.
- May perform other related duties, such as preventive maintenance on machinery.
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Experience working with construction crews with measurable production goals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have prior Heavy Equipment Operator experience.
- Must obtain a negative drug test result prior to hire and maintain throughout term of employment.
- The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, jump, crouch, or crawl.
- Flexible availability to include overtime, possible weekends and nights.
- Work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain and extreme temperatures. Employees may be exposed to dust, dirt, varying temperatures, loud noises, etc.
- 2+ years of equipment operation and related asphalt or construction experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the construction industry.
- Valid drivers license
Job Type: Full-time